Wednesday, November 16, 2011

About Me: Part 2

My specialty and why I chose it.

This I am actually just now figuring out. :-) The problem with me is I love EVERYTHING arts and crafts related. I do maybe 2 or 3 of one thing, then want to move on to something else crafty I am thinking of! My mind is just way ahead of my hands. But, I don't want my shop to be a miss matched frenzy of randomness.....so I have recently decided to narrow it down to three categories: crocheted items (blankets, headbands, scarves, etc), paper goods (cards, journals, etc.), and painted wooden items (wall hangings, puzzles, etc.). As my husband Michael said to me: you don't want to be a jack of all trades but a master of none. I want to be able to pick something and really master it.

I chose these three things because: they are things I really love, I feel like I could master them, I can think of a lot of avenues to take these categories, and I feel like at craft shows..those three items are fairly unique. (They aren't jewelry and they aren't floral arrangements) :-)

So, I watched the move Fame for the first time the other day...and I absolutely LOVED what the character Jenny says at the end...so I have to share:

“There are a few things that Success is not…

Success is not fame, money or power

Success is waking up in the morning so excited about what you have to do that you literally FLY out of the door


Success is getting to work with the people you love


Success is finding a way of connecting and binding them together


Success is connecting with the world


Success is falling asleep knowing you did the best you could


Success is joy, friendship and freedom


Success is LOVE”
 
I will leave you all with that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment